Friday, June 29, 2012

Books I've Read This Week

JavaScript Patterns by Stoyan Stefanov is the kind of book you need to take your JavaScript knowledge to the next level. It is an excellently written book that takes you through a tour of a multitude of patterns in JavaScript code. I particularly like the chapter on JavaScript inheritance which is a topic I only partially understood. After reading this book I feel like I have a much better handle on things.

Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig is a book where I went, who the, what the, how? Quite possibly I was not in the correct frame of mind for reading this book as while I enjoyed the parts about philosophy I could have done without the cut aways to their road trip and his annoying son. I don't know maybe I'd like this book more if I read it a second time but I don't see that happening.


No comments: