Friday, November 9, 2012

Books I've Read This Week

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin  is not the usual type of book I read. Honestly, I have a lot of things to be thankful for. I've got my health, I'm married to an amazing woman, we have a great child, I'm gainfully employed in a job that I actually enjoy but I'm not sure you could call me a happy person. Ernest Hemmingway once said "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." and I identify with that statement. My mind is always running thinking of ways to make things better or thinking of what else needs to be done.

So, that's why I was attracted to the Happiness Project. I enjoyed reading the book and what I've really taken from it is just to let go of things. I lead an incredibly blessed life and I should not let the little things bother me quite so much. The book is quite well written in a light tone. It's organized in months where each month focuses on a particular way to improve one's happiness. This makes a lot of sense as it is hard to make new positive habits if you are trying to focus on too many things.



No comments: